Christmas is a special time of the year for remembering what the season is really about, spending time with family and friends, and continuing and making new traditions of the holidays. We have many traditions here.
1. The lobby Christmas tree is decorated the Monday after Thanksgiving.
2. While residents and employees decorate the tree we have cookies and mulled cider.
3. The resident Christmas dinner is the largest event of the year. The bus picks up townhome residents to bring them to the dinner.
4. Residents in each apartment neighborhood decorate their lounges. Many of the apartment neighborhoods also have a party during the season.
6. Residents ride our bus for the Christmas lights tour. Part of that is visiting the Georgetown Santas, a group of men who stand outside in the cold every year providing popcorn, candy and Christmas greetings to all who come. One Santa is the husband of one of our employees. They are always very, very good to us, climbing on the bus and wishing us a Merry Christmas.
7. Chaplain Mary provides special services over the Christmas holiday.
The lobby tree across from the entry door is also the Angel Tree. The Angel Appeal each year is an opportunity to honor or remember special persons in our lives while making someone else’s life better. Funds raised by the Angel Appeal go to the Good Samaritan program to enable residents who have run out of funds through no fault of their own to continue to have a home with us.